In a nutshell…
You are sharing your personal information with me only when you fill some of the forms on this website (contact form, comment, newsletter sign up form), but you can always state just your first name and email.
You can always unsubscribe from any email subscription (newsletter, notification about new comments).
I am committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy was created to give you confidence with regards to your personal data when visiting and using the website.
I understand the significant importance of data protection and privacy and am fully committed to achieving compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
What data is collected
Only with your consent I will collect and store the following information through this website:
- First and/or last name (via Contact page forms, Email signup forms, Blog comment form).
- Email address, blog or website URL (via Contact forms, Email signup forms, Blog comment form).
- Website audience information, blog or website URL, preferences (via Blog comment form).
- Demographic information such as age, sex, IP address, browser/device, preferences, and interests (via Google Analytics, Blog comment form, Crazy Egg, Email signup forms, Google AdSense, Facebook Pixel, Facebook).
What happens with the gathered information
This information is required to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service.
Below you will find a list of the things that may be stored and used your personal data for:
- Internal record keeping.
- Communication with you.
- I may use the information you provide to customize our website according to your interests and needs.
- I will NEVER sell, distribute or lease your personal information with any third-party unless I am required to do so by law.
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data remains fully secured when visiting this website.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures (secure connection) to safeguard and secure the online collected information.
Please ensure that when you are visiting this website or filling out any submission forms, that the URL starts with the Secure HTTPS Protocol.
Upon visiting this website for the first time, you will be greeted with a bar informing you about using cookies. You can delete or block cookies in your web browser settings, here is an example for Chrome. This can result in poor website performance.
A cookie is a small file which asks for permission to be placed in your web browser/computer hard drive.
The file is added and the cookie helps to measure and analyze: website traffic and visitor behavior.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an “individual”.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your “preferences”.
Traffic log cookies are used to identify which pages are being used. This helps to analyze data about web page traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to your needs.
This information is used only for statistical analysis purposes.
A cookie in no way gives an access to your computer or any sensitive information about you, other than the data you choose to share.
Google and various other websites that are listed below can track you through this website as the website uses their services for social media, usage analysis, behavior tracking, and infrastructure purposes.
Google participates in the NIA opt-out program. You can visit this link to no longer be tracked by Google and Google properties such as Google Plus.
You can also visit the following sites to read their privacy policies and how they track individuals across the web:
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a contact form on this website, look for the checkbox stating that you consent that the information you are submitting will only be used for communication purposes.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in an email signup form on this website, look for the checkbox stating that you consent that the information you are submitting can be collected and stored in order for you to receive timely updates and/or marketing content, special offers via email communication.
- You can unsubscribe from the newsletter or new comment notifications emails via the unsubscribe link at the end of each email.